By agreeing to the Zippy Motorbike Rentals Chiang Mai Pty. Ltd. Terms and Conditions the customer is agreeing to, and is, contractually and legally obliged to all of Zippy Motorbike Rentals Chiang Mai Pty. Ltd. Terms and Conditions.
Please note: Customers are encouraged to test ride and inspect our bikes, tires, brakes and overall condition before deciding to rent.
– If you are unhappy with the condition of the motorbike or feel unsafe in anyway please DO NOT RENT from Zippy Motorbike Rentals Chiang Mai Pty. Ltd.
– If you do not agree to any of Zippy Motorbike Rentals Chiang Mai Pty. Ltd. Terms and Conditions DO NOT RENT from Zippy Motorbike Rentals Chiang Mai Pty. Ltd.
1. Crash/Theft: There is no insurance for the motorbike. Any damage or theft is the sole responsibility of the customer and the customer must pay to fix/replace the motorbike.
In the event of an accident or damage to the motorbike the following steps will be taken:
- We will give you a quote + Rental fee until the bike is fixed.
- If you are unhappy with the quote the bike will be taken to the official Honda or Yamaha dealership for a new quote + Rental fee until the bike is fixed.
- If the above two options are not satisfactory by the customer the police will be contacted to resolve the matter.
2. Tires: We cover tires for the first 2 days (48 hours) – After this time the customer is solely responsible for fixing the tires and any associated costs.
We suggest putting air in the tires every week. Front tire: 29psi. Back tire 31psi.
3. Mechanical issues: We cover all mechanical issues (not tires) within 100kms of our store, and as long as customers have come to scheduled maintenance when asked, and not the result of an accident/crash or flooding.
Cases in which we do not cover mechanical issues:
– Customer/motorbike is more than 100kms from Zippy Motorbike Rentals Chiang Mai Pty.
If the customer/motorbike is more than 100kms from Zippy Motorbike Rentals Chiang Pty. Ltd. we take no responsibility for mechanical issues/breakdowns, and the customer is solely responsible for fixing the motorbike and/or transportation of the motorbike and all costs incurred.
Address: 54/2 Santirak Road, Chang Peuak, Mueng, Chiang Mai 50300
Google Maps location: https://goo.gl/maps/tpaRY7AstuLFBqa89
– If the customer fails to come to scheduled maintenance or in any other case where the customer is asked to bring the motorbike to our location for inspection/maintenance.
– If the mechanical issue is the result of an accident/crash.
– If the mechanical is the result of flooding.
Please note: Do not perform any maintenance or repairs on the motorbike yourself or using a mechanic without first contacting Zippy Motorbike Rentals Chiang Mai Pty. Ltd.
4. License: You do not need a license to rent a motorbike. However, you are likely to be fined by the police if you do not have an International Driving Permit for a ‘Two Wheeled Vehicle’ or a Thai Motorcycle License. A regular license from your home country is not accepted by Thai Police. Zippy Motorbike Rentals Chiang Mai Pty. Ltd. takes no responsibility for unlicensed renters/customers nor any fines they may incur. Unlicensed riders may be ineligible to claim their Travel Insurance and may be held liable for Third Party damage, injury or death – Zippy Motorbike Rentals Chiang Mai Pty. Ltd. takes no responsibility in these cases, the renter/customer is solely responsible.
5. Hospital Cover: All Zippy Motorbike Rentals Chiang Mai Pty. Ltd. are taxed and come with mandatory hospital cover/insurance for the customer/renter. This is at the discretion of the insurance provider and may be void if unlicensed, in violation of local traffic laws, intoxicated, etc.
Rent at your own risk: Zippy Motorbike Rentals Chiang Mai Pty. Ltd. takes no responsibility for hospital costs, injury or death, to the renter/customer or third parties.
6. Keys and helmets: Keys and helmets are the responsibility of the renter. If either are lost or damaged they must be replaced at a fee of 500 baht each.
7. 24 hour rental period: Rentals are based on a 24 hour time frame, late rentals will be charged 50thb per hour until the daily rate has been reached – Please see your email for your rental time.
8. Opening times: We are open 9am – 7pm everyday. The motorbike must be returned and inspected by a Zippy Motorbike Rentals Chiang Mai Pty. Ltd. employee during opening hours.
Please note: Do not leave your the motorbike at your place of residence, outside our shop, with a friend, or at the airport – The customer is responsible for the motorbike until it has been inspected by a member of staff at Zippy Motorbike Rentals Chiang Mai Pty. Ltd.